Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Monday 13 October 2008

Cashed in my first Sunday Million!

Hi, I have played a few heads up since I've been back at uni, running really well and taking home around $141 in 92 games at a 14% ROI. This has got me within $100 of the leaderboard I think, so maybe this week I'll hit it. I could have perhaps done it in the last week, but instead, with the Sunday Million on the horizon went in to tournament mode.

I small cashed in a $11 30k guaranteed and a 3r on Friday and Saturday, and felt I played pretty good poker. On the Sunday, I loaded up $300 worth of tournaments, deciding to play the $50 125k guaranteed, the Sunday 200k, another $11 and the Sunday Million. I feel like I did myself proud in all four, and cashed in three of them, with the other one being crippled by a sick runner runner.

In the 200k, I came like 520/210000000000 and won a measly $20, what a fucking joke...fuck my life!!! I went out shoving K10 into a min raisers AA...the slag had minned two hands before so I read weakness...he said before was KK :-( I flipped pretty bad in this tournie but did suck out on AA with the PS nuts KQsuited, so can't complain...apart from the fucking $20...ridic tournie...pure shite.

In the 125k, in the first hour I had no hands at all, but managed to finish it just above my starting stack...I was rocking it right up. After the break, I took some blinds, put in a resteal or two and eventually managed to cash, left with only 9BB. I doubled up from here and with 18k was looking to putting a good run in. Basically, the next hand, I 4-bet shoved AK suited into KK and missed, leaving me out, disappointed, but pleased I wasn't out of my depth. $82 isn't much but means I'll take more shots and know what to expect in future attempts.

In the Sunday Mill, in the 6th hand I doubled up with AA vs QQ, and was nervous as anything when I saw him flip QQ after taking a weird line vs me!! I ran so cold for the next 30mins, and with two retards on my table, couldn't take any uncontested pots or be aggressive! I then lost a sick coinflip with my AK losing to 99, and that 12k pot bought me back down to around 12k. I got 3bet a couple of times and with no cards stayed around 12k for quite a while, perhaps a good hour and a half in fact.

With the blinds a lot greater, I found a few good spots to resteal with hands such as 78 (which made my heart pound but obv have to do it!) and then in the end shoved K5 against the table fishes perennial raise, to be against his A7. I found a 5 and got up to 27k and finally 20BB+ instead of 10BB. With this fish on my table, I had chances to get back up, but I had to be selective about my hand as I knew he 4bet so so light. Luckily, when I 3bet him with QQ in the most obvious way, he shoved with A6 and I held and won. Then I had AA vs AK to double up to 92k and a very healthy stack!

I then lost 20k of that the next hand, with 99 vs 1010 after I called a shorties shove of 7k, and the BB (who was short also with only 20k) shoved over. With the fish calling the SB, I had to call the BB and was unlucky I guess to see him flip 10s and win. Back to 70k but still feeling good.

From here the bubble was approaching, and I kept facing raises from the table fish, but didn't have any hands to play back at him with. Against a thinker I can 3-bet, but not this clown!! The bubble eventually burst, I switched tables, and found myself up on 85k blinds 2500/5000 at the time of my exit hand!

I raised AQcc from mid position to 12499 and the BB flatted. The flop was 810J, giving me ample draws, and the BB weirdly donked 25k in to me...with some fold equity as he's not taking this line with any decent hands, and multiple outs, I shoved my 72k, and he snapped the extra 47k with 104cc...I missed, and my exciting run was ended by this piece of shit!!! So annoying...I could do nothing more...win that pot and I have a huge stack, confidence, still that fish to pick off and a massive chance. Lose it, and I think...just fold 410cc pre ffs!!!

So yeah, annoying but in no way disspiriting...I keep thinking of hands I could have stood up to the fish with on the table before when the bubble was approaching, but with his aggro nature, I had no option but to fold and pick up pots when he folded (very rarely!!) from the tight people ahead of me!

Overall, in terms of cards I ran cold overall, but very hot in streaks...I only had AA twice and QQ, but AA was against QQ and AK and I doubled up with both...and QQ got action from A6...

In this respect i was lucky, but a lot of my other hands were fairly weak, and I had to lay down JJ after my UTG raise was shoved into. You have to run like God to win this thing...I ran fairly normally and gave myself a decent shot at getting very deep. Next time, hopefully soon, I can go 712 better and ship an enormous 1st place!! I'm not going to lose heads up after all! ;-)

Still, got to be happy...though these cashes reduced my ROI on OPR ffs!! :-D

Cheers for all the support everyone gives me,

Roll at $1853 now, so taking shots at the next levels soon enough I think...also seem to have grown some balls finally so maybe this next month might be exciting!!

7ducksandasingle_star

No comments: