Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Moooooving On Up!

Hello, an amazing thing happened today. My balls grew and I took the plunge and played a $22 heads up game. I played a guy with around -25% ROI, and thought hello this level isn't so bad!

Since then I have played 32 games for exactly $100 profit at an ROI of 14%. Early days, but something over 10% ROI will guarantee at least $2 profit a game which should hopefully see my account soar (TOUCH WOOD!!). Using sharkscope, I didn't play against one player I would class as a solid reg. There was a mix of average stakes $40 and around -5% ROI who knew how to play but had flaws and just a few who had a decent ROI. I will play a lot more this evening and see if it toughens up then. I imagine it will be more polarised, with more strong players but hopefully more super-fish!

To get me the balls to play, I worked my roll up to around $2100. Since my last post, I have only had one session of 9man turbos I think and lost around $40 from 15 games running pretty badly and not playing great. Apart from that it's been exclusively heads up, which seems to be my new direction atm.

Sharkscope shows that since I started with my $200 deposit heads up I have the following stats.

Games 904
Avg Profit $1.45
Avg Stake $9
ROI 15%
Total Profit $1,310

The 9 men are pretty much the same as before so I won't bother re-posting them.

So yeah, I'm not on a super-hot sicko luckster run atm but the heads up is staying OK and seems to be the most profitable way to play at the minute.

Also, I can play heads up whilst I'm playing in tournies, which I did last night. Spurred on by the 2X prize pools on Stars, I played the 5rebuy, the $11 and the 3rebuy.

I managed to cash in the 5 rebuy and 3 rebuy for $31 and $52 respectively after being in for $15 and $12. Not bad but I made a few errors which Nathan (who railed all night!) was witness to but generally played OK. I busted out of both from a reasonable-to-weak position running in to hands when making a stand but it's good to learn lessons and i can't expect a big score yet. I will play the same set of tournies tonight I think and hopefully can run deep. Though unless I hit the final table the prize money won't really be lucrative which is an annoying feature of these huge field games.

My roll at present is $2186 and my next mini target is $3200 or so before I might move up to $33 heads up. I was also sent $39 from Isaac on FullTilt that I earnt playing 1p/2p at the mighty Aidans cash game at Uni. I decided to play a $34.50 heads up game to try to spin it up and won 2 in a row. I withdrew the $100 or whatever because without a job I need the money and I was going to lose it all playing that high! Having a bit more money in the bank takes away the urge to withdraw from Stars so that's a good thing.

Again, another stupidly long post but it has been over a week. I haven't really played much due to seeing the girlfriend but I have taken the step to move up so it's been a productive few days that I have played. I had an amazing hand the other day where I had 66 vs 52dd on a board of Kx6d4x4d3d which made me laugh and a few hands from the tournie I wish I had saved because they were dubious so I will make sure I save these in future.

Hopefully, I'll be posting at 7 this morning having taking down one of the big tournies2nite :-)

Gl all. 13:47_star

No comments: