Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Sunday 13 July 2008

You're only swinging when you're winning!

I wrote this all before, a page wasn't working, closed it and it closed these all. Therefore, I'm going to summarise more than before! (Did i hear cheers?!!)

Anyway, for a while the other night I thought I may be posting at 7am saying about my win in the tournie as I hoped. After an uneventful rebuy period where I was in for $35 but ended on 9k after k6 tripled through, I didn't really have many hands but managed to chip up. A couple of draws hit and though I took a couple of knockbacks I was steadily in around 150th place, and made the cash fairly easily.
Then I got put on a nightmare table, with an aggro and solid player to my left. He shoved over so many of my button and cutoff raises and hands like 33 and 77 had to hit the bin. Annoying! Anyway, I exacted my revenge when I hit a straight with my JJ vs his QQ, though I was nice enough not to use his Q! From then I was 50th with around 120 left, but I ran very card dead and other stacks were pushing me around a little bit. I finally made a stand with AJ on around 13BB and was called by AQ. By J on the flop was nothing compared to his Q on the turn, and I busted in 82nd place.
Wooo, beat so many players, must be a nice cash right. Nope, 701st gets $31, 1st gets $11.x k, and 82nd gets $96. Stupid top heavy payout with too many people getting paid!

Still, not a bad return, and OPR indicates that in June I have made a $100 profit at 87% ROI and in July $77 profit for a 73% ROI. Not too bad really and supplements my heads up quite well.

Apart from the tournies, I have exclusively played heads up, and it has been SWINGY!!!! I have been basically running really badly at times, with 6 all in flip losses in a row and at one point in 7 of 9 games I lost when they had roughly 10%.

The first bad spell was the 10% outdraws, and this was just a sick horrible run after I had worked it up to around $2300. I dropped right down to $2050 ish, and was very close to tilting. Fortunately, I managed to bring it around that night and finish up slightly up from what I had started on, and began the next day on around $2300. Some fairly breakeven play from here, winning a little, before a sick spell of losing 8 in a row! :-( I didn't deserve this, though my play was a little worse than it should have been. Won 2, lost 6 would have been fair as twice I flopped sets only to be outdrawn by a runner runner. After being at around $2250 after a few more wins than losses after this sick run, I put on an 11 game winning streak, the last 9 won whilst 3tabling, for a quick rise up to $2480. The next 6 were 3 and 3 and this is where I left it. After donking off a few $$$ playing HORSE and Omaha, my roll is now at $2466. I am possibly on for the $5k by August, as I have moved up and hopefully with average more profit a game.

I have been exploting the advanced search on Sharkscope, and have the following stats.

Heads up $23.

Games 183
Avg Stake $22
Avg Profit $1.76
ROI 8%
Total Profit $323.

Heads up since $200 deposit

Games 1060
Avg Profit $1.47 (SICK SIGN!!)
Avg Stake $11
ROI 14%
Total Profit $1560

Heads up wins and losses since deposit

Wins- 633
Losses- 433

Overall Stars sharkscope

Games 3696
Avg Profit $0.92
Avg Stake $8
ROI 12%
Total Profit $3400

The wins and losses thing is interesting, because I think I should be able to get 2 wins out of 3, but that seems a very high estimate. I will see in the next few days if I can run better and will see how it changes. The average profit has increased at $22, despite the lower ROI, and I do think over 10% is achievable given the standard of play. I have been talking to a few players in the higher games today who say that every level plays basically the same, so that's something to look forward to! :-)

Anyway, I'm off for a round of golf.

Gl all!

The $5k by Sep 1st bet at 1/1 is still on if people fancy it, I'm hoping it will be close.

Paul :-)

1 comment:

isaac said...

how could you lose playing omaha there must have been a serious shark at the table