Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Sunday 20 July 2008

I can't wait...for the weekend to begin!!

Hi all, I have played heads up only since Sunday so this will only be a small post littered with a few stats and comparisons! (That's the plan anyway!)

I have been fairly busy but have still managed to squeeze quite a few games in, mostly due to extending the day more than most non-nocturnals. The birds do sound amazing in the morning though, but it's tough to finally get to sleep when it's light!?
Anyway, quick sum up. After the last post, I have played just under 200 games, and for the most part it was immensely frustrating. I started quite well winning a few and by Tuesday(((/Wednesday/days really mean nothing when you're on 4 months holiday!! ))) I was on $2715...
...well this became the figure of doom as at this point I told Nathan and Keys how I was getting on and showed them my sharkscope graph. I didn't mean it in a way to show off or be arrogant, and yet karma still had a shark-size bite out of my ass. The next couple of days, I ran pretty badly again, and more annoyingly I was losing to some stupidly bad fish getting lucky. Again something that aggravated me was whittlig my opponents down to 750, giving me a 3 to 1 chip lead, only for them to win nearly all 40/60s from here and get back to evens. I played a little badly for a while but luckily stayed around break-even, and by this time I was around $2600. I couldn't break the $2700 mark until Saturday, when I won my first game of the day (getting lucky to hit my up and down vs trips!) to get back to the ill-fated amount of $2715!
Luckily for me, it was a Saturday, and I got going around 1am ish to play a few. A note, Saturday's are full of aggro idiots and pure fish. :-) I quickly scooted up a couple of hundred $$$, playing quite well according to the opponent I was faced with but also getting lucky quite a lot. :-)
Unfortunately for me, I was too tired to play by around 3am, but I went to bed with my roll on $2916. A new high and approaching my figure of $3600 to play the $35 heads up. I'm really hoping the standard on Sunday will be just as bad as Saturday and hopefully the weekends will be really lucrative.
A few stats to end...
Overall since $200 deposit.
147_star
Games 2,126
Avg Profit $1.21
Avg Stake $10
ROI 11%
Total Profit $2,565
Heads up since deposit.
1,250
$1.62
$13
13%
$2,027
And the interesting one, $23 heads up
370
$2.21
$22
10%
$818
This I am happy with, as I'm not convinced I've run very nicely, and I think I have been a few games below expectation. Despite this, and despite the buy-in being double the $11 heads up, the standard isn't really any better, and there aren't as many regs as the $11 I don't think!
I wanted a 10% ROI and I have this bang on atm, and I'm hoping to boost it up to closer to 15% if things go well.
A few more stats that may be interesting,
Since $200 deposit Heads up Wins - 739
Losses- 511
This I think means I have won just over 59% of my heads up games. I think this shows 66% to be maybe too ambitious a target but I hope to get it closer to that, and I hope that having a couple of downswings and staying relatively calm will put me in good shape to get closer to 66%.
July stats..
590
$1.69
$18
8%
$998
The ROI has gone down from June, but the average stake has gone up a lot due to the $23 and the average profit has gone up accordingly. The ROI is quite interesting because atm, my total Stars stats are..
147_star
3,887
$0.99
$8
12%
$3,845
Nearly $1 a game now, and the shape of the graph is becoming more like the x squared graph I would hope to see if I'm moving up. The swings look more dramatic, but this means an upswing looks dramatic so it's pretty cool (when I'm winning of course!!)
The final stat I would like to include would be my hourly rate, as this is an option cash game players can work out pretty well.
Based on playing 13 heads up games an hour (4 sets of 3 and a little bit of 3 is around fair I think) and assuming I am averaging $2.21 a game as I have been in the $23s, I am making $28.73 an hour.
I'm not too sure what the cash game equivalent of $23 heads up is, and I'm not sure what hourly rates people at similar cash levels would expect, so any input on this would be great because I really don't have a clue.
Finally, how awesome is golf?! My new favourite sport, and I'm somebody who doesn't like doing this he isn't good at!! I can't wait for my next round and hopefully in Durham or before Keys' success in London this year we can get a round in with the PokerSoc, that would be sick.
I'm not so good at golf, but parts of my game are coming together, and nearly a year on from when I first started, I'm hoping I can break 90 before that year mark, around 30th August. I'll need to get a few rounds in for that to happen, but I hear Gamble and Ptevey are golf sharks so I want to hit form if we do get the PokerSoc game going.
Oooooops, sorry about the lengthy mcpost...
Cliff notes...run/play well,
break even and run/play not so well/lose a bit
Saturday $$$$
blah blah blah
Thanks all, and I'm loving the regularity of blog updates, your work is being appreciated by me!!
147_rats [ star backwards sucks! :-( ]
PS, if u believe me when I say it's going to be a quick post, I'm sorry!!! Have to keep you reading though you see???

1 comment:

147_star said...

Why didn't any of spaces I left between paragraphs stay ffs!?

Sorry, hope it's still ok to read?