Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Sunday 30 March 2008

Update!

Bonjour, just returned from a trip to Bognor with the girlfriend and I'm back on the poker, though I think April will be more geared towards my degree than winning some $$$. March still has a day left though and I plan to put in a mammoth stint before the start of April before work takes priority.
In terms of my "roll", I still haven't withdrawn so that's a positive and I'm up to around $348.68 now which is a roll that can handle swings at the $6.50 level. I haven't played many MTT's but the few I have played I have been too risky in the latter stages trying to get the real money for finishing top 3 and busted out with nothing at all. I haven't really sussed my late game yet but plan to hit the $4.40 180-man SNG's on Stars to try to refine my game.
I have been thinking about if/when I move up and I think the next logical step may be the $16 SNG's on Stars as with a $15 fee and a $1 rake these provide the best value online. I'm a bit fearful of stepping up to these but I think with the regs playing a very predictable game on the most part I can feed off these players and steal their blinds under the radar. Before I am rolled for this though I will try to 6-8 table SNG's as this will be double the amount I play and theoretically returning a similar ROI would mean doubling my hourly profit, which after all is what it is all about!
Apologies the life of an SNG player isn't very interesting but I will try to remember some interesting hands soon and I am going to post a host of scenarios on the poker forum tonight for some consideration.
The full March update will be provided after my mammoth session but at present my stats are,

Games 661
Avg Prof $1.81
Avg Stake $6
ROI 27%
Total Profit $1183

Recently I have had a few too many 3rds but I think I have been getting a bit unlucky in races and I'm not playing too badly on the most-part. Also, I haven't tilted money away in a HU SNG for a long time which is good news!!

Thanks,

Paul!

No comments: