Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Thursday 6 March 2008

It's been a while!

So, I guess it's about time I updated people on my progress in the world of poker!

As you may or may not know, I don't like talking about poker when it hasn't been going so well, but luckily this isn't why I haven't been blogging recently. I just haven't had the time/money to play!

Quick February update -

Poker = Good...

From the 154 games I have played (all $6.50 9-man turbos) I made $225 at an ROI of around 23%. I have increased my aggression around the bubble and this has resulted in most of my cashes being 1sts, though obviously getting caught every now and again.

I have played very little live poker, apart from up at college where a regular 1p/2p cash game takes place. (HIGH STAKES!!) I am around £13.50 up here from a few sessions but I play awful poker and have had two sessions where I have been over 4BI down (granted it's only 8 quid but you have to play badly for that to happen!)

I also played a 375FPP 36-man satellite in to the Sunday Million, and was HU with a 4 to 1 chip lead, only for QQ to split with KQ (I rivered the split straight on board of 10 J 4 9 K!!), Q9 suited to lose to a runner runner 4-flush from J9 off (that hand was killer!) and then the final hand I pushed with 74...he called with Ace3...flop 765, turn A, river blank. Coming 2nd and receiving nada annoyed me because I played well all tournament and was so unlucky to lose out on a very attractive $215 tournament dollars that I could have sold and transfered to FullTilt.

Life = Not So Good...Well, things are great with the girlfriend and the family are healthy etc etc so I'm not too unlucky. BUT I was an idiot and left my snooker cue on the train. The cue and case cost £185 so that's put a bit of a financial strain on things as I have to start saving for a new one. One of my good mates back home is giving me his old cue to help me out until I can buy a new one, but I have had to tighten the purse a little. Disappointingly, I had to play the BUSA University pool tournament with a borrowed cue and I didn't really fulfil my potential in the singles, losing in the last 64 to a player I should generally beat. To add to this, my laptop is being very temperamental at the minute so I may have to shell out a lot of money fairly soon!!

March assessment -

I have only been able to play three days worth as the girlfriend was up at the weekend, but it has started fairly brightly. So far, I have played 46 games of $6.5o turbos, winning $107 at around a 24% ROI. This included a spell of 9 games in a row where I didn't cash, but luckily I hit two firsts soon after to balance this out. I have been playing without any distractions and have really been concentrating on who is tight/loose on the table and playing accordingly, and I hope playing my opponents rather than the cards sets my apart from other regs who I try to feed off.
I am also up $16 on Isaac's account!! I played a couple of SNG's in his room (with him monitoring), and cashed 2nd in the $22 non-turbo for $54 and lost A9 vs A6 in the $16turbo. It was supposed to be like a lesson (if I'm qualified enough to do that?!) but I'm not sure if he will take on much from my style, especially not if he doesn't make the recommended transition to turbos!
I have also started watching high stakes SNG's and railing players like PearlJammed in the MTT's to try to pick up tips, and I think this is a good way to help me improve my game.

As per usual, I've withdrawn the cash that I have made, but this time it has been essential to live off! Luckily, I think I am soon to be staked, which will mean I can play a higher level without the inherent risk of losing more than I can afford. This will hopefully be profitable for both parties and I just hope I can sustain something like my ROI, mainly because at a $20 level it would = around $5 profit a game! I know this is very unlikely but I hope to keep it above 10%-15% at the higher buy-in, and I look forward to a greater challenge and facing more tricky opponents. I feel I have been ready to move up for a good few months, so will embrace the change.

Wow, once I start writing I just don't stop. Anyway, watch this space as if I do get staked my sharkscope graph will start looking a lot different soon, hopefully for the better!! Before that, I have to try to defend my BUSA snooker title in Leeds at the weekend, let's just hope I run well!

Laters,

Paul.

No comments: