Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Thursday 19 June 2008

+$1k :-)

It's been 3 weeks since I deposited $200 on Pokerstars and I am pleased to say I am up to $1240. Combine that with my live profits of $130 and I am up around $1170 in quite a short space of time, which I will attempt to sustain!

Playing 13 $6.50's has been my recent approach and I am enjoying it greatly. The last 3 sets of 13 I have been running around $2.5 a game which I know isn't sustainable but I hope to settle in to over $1 a game. It would seem that playing more sit n goes reduce the quality of decisions and the ROI should reduce accordingly but I think playing so many helps me in many ways as I just play the hands and position in a set way and don't get involved in marginal situations too often! I hope to be able to maintain long term at least 16% ROI at this level though pretty soon I guess I will be moving up because I shouldn't be a tart!! Hopefully I continue to run well and play well and the $1600 figure will be reached soon.

I would say another reason for my recent success is taking down more firsts than seconds, and this has been largely in part to the heads up games I have been playing in June. I feel that I can push people around and have been using some strange psychology to try to get people to fold which has given me a bit of an edge.

For example, I have been raising and leaving $1 behind from a stack of say $2500 as a way to indicate strength and I also did a sick thing in the chat box in a game earlier.

With the bubble upon us, and two big stacks (me and another) pushing around the two others who had dwindled really low, I pick up 2 5 in the SB. The big stack folds as does one of the shorties. (On around 1000 by now with blinds 300/600 50 ante!). The BB has 935 chips and i know that I am going to stick it in because I don't want to sacrifice the odds and fold. So I write in the chat box gl sir and min raise. I don't know if this caused him to fold but he did and I felt slightly responsible for his super-tight fold by reminding him of the bubble scenario.

So yeah, atm I am getting much better at working with a roll touch wood. If I haven't felt like playing I haven't and when I feel tired I find something else to do. And I'm not missing out on social things due to poker because I know that makes me feel bad and play bad. So I'm finally getting somewhere near the discipline of Isaac. Playing 13 at once means you don't really see the beats anyway which is a good thing!!

Now I just need to stick a couple of tournies in there at some point and hope for a big score, maybe when I get home on Saturday I will start pursuing some of the guaranteeds on Stars.

So, an update on the June stats.

June total.

Games 1059
Avg Stake $7
Avg Profit $1.04
ROI 14%
Total profit $1099

June Sit n Go 9-man

Games 556
Avg Stake $6
Avg Profit $0.99
ROI 15%
Total Profit $552

June Heads up

Games 461
Avg Stake $8
Avg Profit $1.17
ROI 14%
Total Profit $541

I haven't put in as many hours as I could be because the days have been busy but that's kept me fresh I think, though over the summer I am looking forward to some really long stints, especially if I can't find a job.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Paul 147_star

No comments: