Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Janaury was a bit meh...

Didn't really get much chance to play in January as I have been taking driving lessons 3-4 times a week and tried to not play on evenings before a lesson. As such, when I played I was chasing profits a little too much, and combined with running bad for several sessions and some of this being at $230's, I didn't make much but with rakeback (in terms of FPP's) and bonuses still had a reasonable month.

I also learnt a valuable lesson, nobody wins on FT...I put $600 on and this went within 50minutes, losing to a 2-outer, a 3-outer and 3 flips plus getting cut off for one game...never again (well maybe for rush poker but that's an acceptable waste!)

I really wanted to hit the last Sunday schedule pretty hard but had a 6 hour driving lesson to look forward to the next day so missed out on Bowburn (DthestudentJ) putting in a heroic run to get 23rdish out of 20k ish people in the Sunday (2) Million for a nice score, but 22 people later he would have shipped $550k...if only I was online I could have persuaded him to take a 23 way chop or at least propose it!

Fortunately, I intelligently booked my driving test for 14:05 today, and it was basically pass and the fairly poor month is justified...fail and Feb may be a struggle as well. I had a couple of traumas including pulling away uphill at traffic lights only to have to stop and not roll back when two fire engines whizzed through...still somehow I negotiated this and despite some obvious minors when I was asked how I thought I did and glanced at the clock showing 14:47 I inwardly said wp and got the good news! I'm still a pretty bad driver tbh but I can learn to drive soon enough and get my own style, so hopefully I can nail the poker in Feb and starting doing well again.

5HIP IT!

6 comments:

isaac said...

congrats bring on the porsche

Jessica said...

Hi
My name is Jessica and I am looking for advertising opportunities on quality poker blogs like yours. Please contact me at jessy.maxwell@googlemail.com and I’ll give you the details. Please state the name of your blog as I may not be able to tell from your email address! Thanks, Jessica.

Admin said...

Read all your past entries, you seem like a nice guy and deserving of the huge score you're about to get.

Enjoy the money, congrats.

Admin said...

Well played. awesome score!

Brag post please

Truthans said...

You sick bastard! :-)

wp gg. Man you are sick. So proud! Big, big congrats!

scotta said...

Can't believe I've only just found this! Just been reading up on last night's exploits! Great to see 147_star in lights, at least on google! Speak soon bud x