Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Saturday 12 September 2009

> $1000 pot!!

Out in Vegas atm and it's absolutely sick!! The "tip trick" worked, and we have a sick room as a result! The third person we basically haggled with was desperate for our cash..."if you can help us we can help you" was a line that made us all realise we were definitely in! An upgrade to the Palazzo with a strip and pool view was the result and it is so ridiculous...it looks great, especially at night!

The weather has been hot but fairly comfortable as the pool areas are quite spacious, and the food is fit...Outback steak last night was 20oz of pure pleasure! Pokerwise has been really enjoyable...the first night playing $1/$2 I was making plays and running good/faster than usain bolt sprinting from the back to the front on a 100metre long concord in full flight at top speed with minimal wind resistance and a 1470mph tailwind.

Eg 1: - Checking J2 in the big blind, a flop of 235 wasn't too appealing...checked round and the J turn gave me two pair. I bet and when I was re-raised was cautious, though the J on the river helped!! I check raised up to $85 and unfortunately the tightest player I've ever seen (he checked the bottom end of a straight flush in position!!!) just flatted with his 22!!

Eg 2:- Standard Vegas hand...a raise to $12 and 4 callers...I have K4hh in the BB and speculate. Flop K high, I check raise to around $87 against the rock thinking I'd get credit...he flatted and I was ready to shut down. The 4 on the turn kept me interesting and I ended his misery stacking him and was around $500-$600.

Then, some not so run good!! [2-3 hours later...same table]

I had 66 and a stack of around $540. Two limps, I limp with 66...fish who has me covered raises to $20...call call so I join the run...dream flop of J62 and I check raise his $50 up to $127 (pot around $310 when he calls). There was some metagame as I'd shown a big bluff against him two rounds ago so when he called I thought he was fairly light and wanted to suck him in. The turn was an 8 and I fired $147 in to the pot, only for him to insta-shove...horrible hand as he was bad and could have had an overpair, but it felt horrible and I reluctantly called off my last $200....he tables 88 and I lose a $1080ish pot...fml! Avoided tilt and stopped for the night, and since then I lost in a $120 tournie when I played so well until I shoved top pair and met an overpair, and made around $130 in cash to be a BI down which is fine.

Loving it out here, making all sorts of sick plans in my head to live out here for a couple of months, maybe May-June next year...anyone up for a different golf trip this time round?!

$147

2 comments:

Mr Wooster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr Wooster said...

Am already looking at tickets for next year, looks like you guys are having an amazing time.

Keep on pwning!