Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Monday 12 January 2009

HU + tournies = profit + loss!

Evening, I had a night where I got bored of just heads up, and began testing out the 45-man and 180-man $12 turbos and a couple of SNG's. I think I might have lost my ability here, as I was making some silly calls in spots where I'm good heads up but crushed full-ring.

It's good though and has made poker more interesting for me, which has provoked me to play longer sessions. I have lost every $12 I have played (around 9) with horrific luck in around 3 when I had big stacks and got crushed. I enjoy them though, and as I want to get better at tournaments for the big Sunday ones it's good to spend a little to improve. I have played a couple of larger field $20 tournies and feel good. Haven't gone too deep yet but going to keep playing these medium buy in tournies for experience and to hopefully sh1p a decent amount.

O, and I obv shipped the $11 sat to the Sunday warm-up again. It's so weird that I've shipped 4/5 of these, but long may it continue!! I'm going to play one of the majors Sunday week.

I have also been playing a few $57.50 4-mans. Generally you get one good player here and 2 absolute Gambons. So, if I can play well and beat the good player, I would hope to beat the other fishes and win a decent amount. Haven't had a downswing at these yet so I'm sure that when that comes I might stop playing them so much, but for now I hope they continue to be profitable.

So, I might have more interesting stuff to post if I start playing a reasonable volume of tournies as I may (one time!) have a big win, so that might end the boring drone I put out here!

My roll is at $6,605, including $215 $T. Hope to play a fairly meaty session this evening, including some tournies, so I hope I post later saying I've shipped something!!

L8z,

Ronnie.

No comments: