Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! PokerStars.com is the home of Free Online Poker Games, bloggers can play for free in the exclusive WBCOOP tournament, register here to play: WBCOOP

Registration code: 763324

Tuesday 25 November 2008

I like two at a time baby, yeah!!

Have been down in Brighton with the gf the last couple of days, and whilst she has been at lectures, I have been either 1-tabling or 2-tabling heads up, and I have to say, I have much preferred it and feel I can win a lot more by doing it. I am going to keep with 2 until I feel my game is where it was at it's peak, and then I will move back up to 4 and hope to crush it!

I haven't put in much volume since last post, what with a dissertation synopsis and a few pool money matches (only really small amounts...but hopefully = free pool for me if I win!) I have been restricted to 146 games, which is actually so low for me! Luckily, I have been running well (plsss for once don't let me run bad after posting!!) and my stats are...

146
$3.52
$22
15%
$514

I am hoping that if I 2-table, my ROI will be up around 13-15%, so that could make me around $33/hr...if I can achieve this I might wave 4-tabling goodbye until I can hit above 8% when doing it!

Roll = $3201
FPP to get before 1st Dec to get $100 bonus = 1100
Days left to do that = 5!...gonna be tight!



POKER AIMS!!!

My poker aim is to hit Vegas in 2years time (with the gf on a holiday probs) and play in some WSOP events/cash games/deepstack tournies...it's a very big ask, but if I can keep working my roll up and NOT WITHDRAWING, and make at least $1k a month which can hopefully shoot up as I move up (+ taking shots at sats for the WSOP etc), it's a possibility, and if I ship a big tournie could even be for the 2009WSOP.

I recognise that for me the idea of being a poker pro is more than likely unattainable, so I am trying to work my roll up for a few amazing trips of a lifetime or maybe towards a house/car/anything expensive. If I manage to fall into earning a few $k a month whilst grinding away over a sustained period, I may give full-time a shot, but for the time being I think I'm going to have to get my degree and will maybe go straight in to work. Maybe, IF I CAN KEEP MY ROLL AND NOT WITHDRAW, I might take the summer to play poker if I can get a job that starts in September. Unlike last year, this will hopefully be off of a much larger roll and I'll see how I can fare.

The idea of studying for extra qualifications whilst playing poker for the next couple of years seems tempting, and with my lack of idea as to what I want to do could happen...though poker is a fickle business and I don't want to miss out on any secure opportunities for the risk that is poker. It just seems a shame to play the game for two and a half years solid, get to a level where I can win, and then have to let it slide...the reality is that's probably what's going to happen!!

I think over Christmas, with my gf working a lot of the time, I will be able to play nearly full-time....maybe I'll use this as an indication as to what I should do...

Hmmm the post descending in to rambling...never mind...if you've read this far....wp and ty...if u skipped to read this last bit...u take the moral highground and win the ultimate prize...vwp.

155_star

No comments: